your passport ready and book your flight now!
What’s more? You’ll find plenty of life hacks in this article!
Buy the first day return ticket(s). A day return ticket(s) can be bought for a fixed price(s). The tickets can be returned with your original tickets to the counter.
Cultural landmarks of Dubai that will make you feel more comfortable in this city:
1. The Burj Khalifa
The world’s tallest building, this is a must-visit in Dubai! Standing at an astonishing 830 meters high, it’s one of the best places to see the early morning sunrise. You can get a bird’s eye view of the city from inside by taking an elevator to the highest level and viewing the city from there.
2. The Waterfront
Great for photos, the waterfront is a sight to behold with its wide open spaces, beautiful palm-tree lined walks and picturesque views of the Dubai Marina.
3. The Dubai Mall
Visitors can enjoy famous brands like Cartier, Louis Vuitton and Gucci in air-conditioned shops at this enormous shopping center.
4. Souks at Deira and Bur Dubai
Dubai has a unique blend of cultures, with its bustling markets that always bustle with life. Souks are traditional markets in the Middle East, especially Dubai’s Deira and Bur Dubai, where you will find various goods sold at a fixed price(s), from clothes to souvenirs. It’s a great sight to behold!
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR DUBAI LIFE:
1. Exchange baht directly to dirham when you arrive in Dubai, because this will save you a lot of money as the exchange rate is better.
2. Pay off your taxi right after getting out of the taxi and not during, because they will try to trick you into paying more.
3. Avoid drinking water directly from the tap and do not consume ice in your drinks, as it’s unhygienic and can cause stomach infections like typhoid. Instead, buy bottled already-drunk water from stores.
4. Bring your own food to save a lot of money when eating at hotels, restaurants and malls.
5. Carry your passport and wallet safely in a concealed pocket on your body to avoid pickpocketing when you are walking around the city and shopping at malls.
6. Do not use public transportation unless absolutely necessary, as the journey is very bumpy!
7. Do not hesitate to bargain when shopping and ask about the price.
8. Do not trust tour guides on the streets, as they are usually not trained tour guides and may rip you off. Instead, book an organized tour at one of the many travel agencies in town or online via their websites.
Dubai is a diverse city with plenty of places to visit, and it’s up to you what you decide to do while there. If you’re looking for a thrilling trip, consider taking the Dubai Metro and exploring the captivating Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Boulevard, where many global events take place. But if cultural explorations are more your thing, be sure not to miss the Dubai Museum!
Check out more articles to help you plan your trip to Dubai here.
Have you been to Dubai? If so, what was your experience like? If not, which of these places in Dubai would you most want to check out during your next trip there? Do share your thoughts in the comments section below!