Visiting Dubai? Need some things to do and see while you’re here? Here are some helpful suggestions of things you can do in the UAE’s economic capital.
Don’t worry, these suggestions don’t cost anything.
1) Visit the Dubai Eye taking in panoramic views of the city.
2) Experience one of Dubai’s many beaches through a panoramic view from atop a dhow or “jolly boat”.
3) Have an adventure at artificial islands off Jumeirah Beach Road.
4) Explore Dubai Creek, the oldest continuously inhabited neighborhood in Dubai.
5) Take advantage of the many shopping opportunities in Dubai.
6) Take a public bus tour to make a trip around the city.
7) Dive into Dubai’s underwater world and explore its limestone reefs in traditional dhows or skiffs.
8) Watch some falconry at the Dubai Falcon Hospital and rehabilitate birds of prey from around the world.
9) Learn about other cultures through exhibitions at the Sharjah Art Foundation Center for Contemporary Culture or from one of various cultural centers in Dubai.
10) Purchase some Arab-themed souvenirs at the World Trade Center Gulf.
11) Take a camel trek through picturesque desert terrain.
12) Find the best of Dubai through hip Safa Village and Deira City Center.
13) Visit Jumeirah Beach, where you can enjoy a traditional Arabian meal while watching international water sports competitions, such as windsurfing and kite surfing.
14) Spend a day shopping in Dubai Mall or the other malls in Dubai.
15) Explore the numerous museums in Dubai, such as The National Museum, the Sheikh Rashid Al Maktoum House and Museum, the Emirates Living Museum, and the Sharjah Art Foundation Center for Contemporary Culture.
16) Enjoy a meal at one of several restaurants in Dubai.
17) Visit Al Ain Zoo or see some amazing animals at Wild Wadi Park.
18) Take pictures of the towering, ever-growing skyline with Burj Khalifa and the Emirates Tower.
19) Visit one of Dubai’s archeological sites, such as Jumeirah (formerly known as Hatta), which is located at the foothills of the Hajar Mountains.
20) If you’re not too far from Ras Al Khaimah, visit one of its many historical sites, such as Khorfakkan Castle and Jebel Jais.
21) Take a sightseeing tour in and around Dubai by horse-drawn carriage.
22) Visit the Spice Souk and sample some of the world’s best spices, such as saffron, black pepper, cinnamon bark, and cardamom.
23) If you’re feeling adventurous, go to Al Minhad and take part in a paragliding adventure.
24) Visit one of Dubai’s many museums: Gold Souk Museum or Heritage House Museum.
If you’re visiting Dubai, don’t worry about spending too much money. There are plenty of free things to do and see!